Thursday, October 16, 2008

Puzzle from 1933


I got this great little puzzle box at an auction the other night. I wanted to make sure all the pieces were there, but the box simply said "over 250 pieces." Not very definitive! I decided I would just put it together to make sure it was complete. No picture on the box! Also to make matters more difficult, the pieces don't all interlock. Some of them just touch up against the next. Every time you put a piece in place, the whole puzzle would shift and separate. GRRR! I had to leave it half finished, but when I came home, my daughter was working on it. Then her boyfriend came and together, the three of us finished it! I was amazed that a puzzle from 1933 was not missing one piece!! Now it will be for sale, so some other lucky person can have fun putting it together!

No comments: