Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Large hutch with old windows for doors




This piece came together in a wonderful marriage! My husband found the hutch top in a barn sale. One friend suggested just using it as a bookcase. I just thought it looked too much like a hutch top to be anything else. So, one day my friend Wayne showed up. He just happens to be a fantastic carpenter and he likes to use old doors and windows on his furniture pieces. I showed him the hutch top and asked if he could build a base to hold it. Then he said "too bad you don't have any old windows, we could use them as doors for the base!" Well, I just happened to have two old windows, and voila' here is his creation! I love the way all my kitcheny items display so nicely on it. It is 51-1/2 inches wide at base, and 68 inches tall, and is 14 inches deep. Comes apart for easy moving! SOLD!

No comments: