Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cupboard with old icebox door

I bought the icebox door from Michelle at Bittersweet Blessings in Chester. I loved it so much and hoped that someone would find inspiration and use the door in some creative way. It has been here for a few months, so I asked my friends Wayne and Susan Hughes if they would build a cupboard around it. Wayne makes amazing pieces using old salvaged items and Susan does the painting and the decorative touches. This is what Wayne came up with and Susan gave me great tips on how to distress the cupboard during painting. This has one shelf and a great latch that Wayne devised to make the old icebox hardware actually work. The cupboard measures 31-1/2 by 18 and stands 37 inches tall. Hard to see all the cool colors and shading as I have it out on the back porch drying, and it's a little dark out there! SOLD!

No comments: