Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My project Hoosier

Some of you who follow me on facebook may remember back in June, my friend drove up with a Hoosier in parts and pieces and asked me if I would like to buy it. I wasn't eager to take on any projects as we were in the middle of working on our vintage camper, but I felt compelled to buy it and try to bring it back to life. We had to replace a few of the door panels, and one drawer bottom, and it needed a thorough cleaning. Last, it had a broken trim piece that had not one but two mortise and tenon joints. Barry is pretty good at carpentry, but this called for my neighbor Joe, a cabinet maker extraordinaire! He just finished the last piece of the puzzle and here she is! Certainly not perfect, but at least we saved her! Up close she has some rough spots where there were several coats of paint, and like many of these old Hoosiers, some warpage on the side and back pieces. She is what she is! Has all original racks, sliding breadboard and a tin bread box in bottom drawer. This compact unit measures 36 inches wide by 25-1/2 deep and stands 69 inches tall. One additional note, bottom picture which shows the layers of paint, the color appears to be green, but this is actually blue! SOLD!

No comments: