Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Country store counter and hutch top

Anyone who follows me on facebook has read the saga of this piece! I bought this at auction last Tuesday night and had a heck of a time getting it into the truck. Thanks to my trusty sidekicks we were able to manage and it arrived home safely. Started working on it Sunday night, determined to have it in the store by Wednesday. The bottom had been completely stripped and the top was painted. Normally I don't like to paint things, preferring to leave that up to the new owner, but this one called for paint. She is a beauty, and even though she has had a makeover, I tried to leave some of her age spots showing. Large, deep drawers, one has dividers as shown. This is big and HEAVY! Measures 7 feet, 2 inches tall. The base is 60 inches deep and the width of the entire piece is 62 inches. SOLD!

No comments: